Friday, July 29, 2011

Plum Pie

This is the first time I baked a Plum pie, I decided to test it out since the plums were free (there was an abundance at my grandparents orchard).

Ingredients:
6-7 cups sliced plums (no need to peel)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tbs flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs tapioca

Preheat the oven to 375 and bake for 40-50 minutes.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and pour into your pie crust, I recommend using a lattice crust, brushing with egg white, and sprinkling with coarse sugar. 
The pie was very liquidy when baking so I suggest adding more flour or tapioca, it wasn't runny though when I served it the next day. It is also helpful to place the pie on a baking sheet, so any run off does not drop into your oven and set off the smoke alarm! This pie is a little tart, but some commented that they liked the tartness.

No comments:

Post a Comment