Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Banana-Date Nut Bread

I decided to make this bread when my mom (the Queen of Banana Bread) was in Chicago, why I did this I have no clue. The flavor of the bread turned out great, but I used to much liquid so it was a little gooey inside. Next time I will try this out with my mom to get a better result!
Until then, this is the recipe I used. I altered it so that there is less liquid and the bread will have a much better texture!

3 ripe mashed bananas
6 chopped medjool dates
1/4 c applesauce
1 egg
¼ c agave (or sugar)
½ c coarsely chopped walnuts
1 1/4 c flour
¼ c almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl mix together the bananas, applesauce, egg, agave, dates, and walnuts.
In a small bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
Pour the batter into a greased (cooking spray) 9x5 loaf pan.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Optional: Sprinkle coarse sugar on top before baking and more about 10 minutes before its done.

1 comment:

  1. Yummm! I always end up with gooey banana bread too. So lame.

    ReplyDelete