Saturday, September 17, 2011

For the Love of Saturdays

Saturday's represent joy, freedom, and relaxation. Children and adult's alike enjoy Saturday's because of the break from school, work, and the stresses that come along with them. I also appreciate this element of Saturday's, but its my favorite day for many more reasons than those. 
I specifically enjoy Saturday mornings because of the Farmers Market, Lattes, and NPR's morning lineup.

When I hear the words Farmer's Market I think of relaxation, health, freshness, and joy. And it gives us the opportunity to plan recipes for the week, which adds some excitement.
I wish we had a daily open air market that I could go to multiple times a week!
                                          Camarillo Farmer's Market

And right down the street from the Farmer's market is Element Coffee they make the best soy latte in town and on this foggy, cool Saturday morning it was the perfect beverage.
Element Latte
Since the Farmer's market does not supply all of the groceries we use, I headed over to my favorite grocery store; Trader Joe's. I love it's small local feel and how the employees are always so friendly and helpful. Going to Trader Joe's makes for an enjoyable shopping experience!

Another reason for my love of Saturday's is NPR's (National Public Radio) morning programs!
I love listening to Car Talk and Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!
They are both highly entertaining and fun to tune into!

On this particular Saturday I decided to bake Banana-Date Nut Bread. 
The Fall-like weather made it the perfect day for baking, it was even cool enough to wear a sweater!
And the lovely smell of banana bread in the oven is the perfect compliment to a blustery day!
I will post the recipe soon!

When I went to the car wash they had this banner displayed. And I think I did have a lucky day; maybe not winning the lottery lucky, but the kind of lucky that makes you thankful for the simple things in life.

And now I ask you to think about your favorite day of the week and why that day makes you smile. 
It doesn't have to be exciting or "cool"; as mine obviously isn't exciting for everyone, but its simple which is why I love it :)

On a side note, I just received this old cook book and it has dozens of Pie recipes inside. 
I am so excited to test them out! I only wish someone would buy them from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment